VIGIL Engage using OKRs is an interactive ‘forecast’ and ‘goal setting’ service, delivered via smartphone, tablet or PC. It is a simple yet very effective approach to creating alignment and engagement around measurable goals. The big difference being it is in real time and OKR’s are frequently set, tracked and re-evaluated, either weekly, monthly or quarterly. Objectives and results cascade ‘across’ the organisation, and not the usual top down approach.
OKR has two components, the Objective and the Key Results.
- Objectives are memorable qualitative descriptions of what you want to achieve, motivating and challenging the team.
- Key Results are a set of metrics that measure your progress towards the Objective, with at least 2 to 5 Key Results.
There is not a single way to use VIGIL Engage with OKRs, as each business can adapt and tweak it to meet specific requirements. Businesses that adopt OKR’s reduce the time spent setting goals from months to days. As a result, you invest your resources in achieving your goals and not in setting them.
Applied correctly OKRs can drive up to 10 times normal growth.
What are the benefits of using VIGIL Engage with OKRs?
- Agility, shorter goal cycles increasing innovation and reducing risk.
- Alignment and cross-functional cooperation, with shared OKRs improving collaboration amongst teams.
- Reduced time for setting goals, by drastically reducing the time and resources spent on setting goals.
- Clear communication, with transparency understanding of the goals and how everyone can contribute.
- Employee engagement, with a bottom up approach that connects employees with the company’s objectives.
- Autonomy and accountability, teams receive clear direction and are free to choose how they achieve their OKRs.
- Focus and discipline, a reduced number of goals creates focus and discipline.
- Bolder goals, by decoupling from compensation and using stretch goals.
There are a variety of other services offered by Hoed Research, see below for examples:
- Location Assessments (FTF) – covert face-to-face surveys
- Audit & Compliance Checks – overt or covert assessments
- Notified Assessments – overt measure of training success
- Consumer Insights – product sales evaluation
- Customer roleplay – for training purposes
- BTB Insights – instore offering / promotional monies well spent
- Merchandising – instore displays and merchandising
- Telephone Surveys – customer experience
- Web / Email Surveys – ease of use / response
- Online Purchase – ease of use through to payment & delivery
- Click & Collect – online purchase and store collection
- Exit Interviews – visiting customer feedback
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) – brand health check
- BTB – Customer Experience Surveys – online via dashboard
- Price Integrity – own or competitor pricing
- Video Surveys – use of hidden video camera with audio
- Audio Surveys – use of hidden audio recorders
- Customer / Consumer roleplay – assist with training modules
- Competitor Comparison Surveys – measuring the competition
- Reveal Surveys – reveals for promotional purposes
- Employee Satisfaction – direct feedback
- Health & Safety – measuring compliance
- Post Induction Surveys – measuring on-boarding success
- Franchise Compliance Surveys – meeting required standards
- Parallel Importing Surveys – illegal / copy product sales
- Liquor, Tobacco & Gambling Compliance – standards & age restrictions
- Loss Prevention Surveys – shrinkage appraisal
- Best Shop Surveys – single brand or group competition
- Real-time Customer Feedback – using Vigil Immediate