A focus group is a gathering of deliberately selected people who partake in a planned discussion intended to provoke consumer perceptions about a topic, or an area of interest in an impartial environment.
HOED Research can help businesses test out ideas, collate customer feedback on a new product, service or concept and assess the opinions of consumers.
Generally, a group of 6-8 people are selected to take part to ensure a good mix of individuals represent the target audience for the project. Each person in the group is encouraged to participate in the discussion which can be pre-planned and facilitated by HOED Research.
Before running the focus group, HOED Research can design a discussion guide, or a questionnaire to ensure the participants cover topics which are of interest to the client.
Focus groups tend to last around 1-2 hours and include refreshments, and sometimes giveaways, which are provided by the client.
There are a variety of other services offered by Hoed Research, see below for examples:
- Location Assessments (FTF) – covert face-to-face surveys
- Audit & Compliance Checks – overt or covert assessments
- Notified Assessments – overt measure of training success
- Consumer Insights – product sales evaluation
- Customer roleplay – for training purposes
- BTB Insights – instore offering / promotional monies well spent
- Merchandising – instore displays and merchandising
- Telephone Surveys – customer experience
- Web / Email Surveys – ease of use / response
- Online Purchase – ease of use through to payment & delivery
- Click & Collect – online purchase and store collection
- Exit Interviews – visiting customer feedback
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) – brand health check
- BTB – Customer Experience Surveys – online via dashboard
- Price Integrity – own or competitor pricing
- Video Surveys – use of hidden video camera with audio
- Audio Surveys – use of hidden audio recorders
- Customer / Consumer roleplay – assist with training modules
- Competitor Comparison Surveys – measuring the competition
- Reveal Surveys – reveals for promotional purposes
- Employee Satisfaction – direct feedback
- Health & Safety – measuring compliance
- Post Induction Surveys – measuring on-boarding success
- Franchise Compliance Surveys – meeting required standards
- Parallel Importing Surveys – illegal / copy product sales
- Liquor, Tobacco & Gambling Compliance – standards & age restrictions
- Loss Prevention Surveys – shrinkage appraisal
- Best Shop Surveys – single brand or group competition
- Real-time Customer Feedback – using Vigil Immediate