Here are six things about retail you may not have known:30 September 2013
- People spend 2.3 seconds on in-store brand decisions.
- Just over 90% of shoppers make unplanned purchases.
- About 70% of shoppers say they responded to end-of-aisle signage.
- Only about 25% off customers walk past halfway in the typical specialty store.
- Sales can increase by1.3% when dwell time increases by 1%.
- Most women (86%) look at price tags – less so than men. (I don’t know the exact percentage.)
(Stats from an industry research project by Miller Zell cited here.)