Hoed’s Mystery Shoppers visit restaurants, retail stores and other businesses to evaluate cleanliness, product quality and customer service. After completing the visit objectives, Mystery Shoppers complete online surveys about their experiences.
Each assignment is different and the payment for each assignment varies from compensation for time to partial or full reimbursement for goods and services purchased as part of the assignment.
The average number of surveys a Mystery Shopper can complete in a month is between one and five.
Independent Contractor Agreement
Please read this agreement before filling out the application form. It sets out the terms and conditions of your relationship with Hoed Mystery Shopping NZ Ltd (here-in-after referred to as Hoed).
- Hoed may request your mystery shopping services on an assignment-by-assignment basis, as an independent
contractor. You are not an employee of Hoed, and Hoed is not your employer.
- Hoed will not withhold any taxes from any compensation you receive from Hoed. Nor will Hoed pay any other taxes on
your behalf. You are responsible for any taxes due from any compensation you receive from Hoed.
- You are under no obligation to accept assignments offered and Hoed is under no obligation to provide you with
assignments. Acceptance of assignments creates an implied contract between Hoed and you as an Independent
Contractor. In the event you are unable to perform an accepted assignment, you agree to notify Hoed promptly by
phone or email so that the assignment can be issued to another shopper.
- The amount of compensation for each shopping assignment is stated clearly during the scheduling process and on the
- Mystery shopping often entails out-of-pocket purchases. Shoppers are reimbursed for such purchases, up to the
purchase amount stated on the assignment. An applicable receipt may be required.
- Hoed requirements pertain only to the data requested by our client, not to the specifics of how you conduct the
- You are not to duplicate or disseminate any of Hoed’s materials, or any part thereof, in any way or form, without prior
written consent of Hoed.
- You agree to not accept an assignment if you are an immediate family member, employee or an ex-employee of a client
that you may be assigned.
- All information and materials provided remain the property of Hoed and are therefore Privileged and Confidential. Any
attempt to copy Hoed materials for your own gain or that of a competitor, will result in Hoed taking legal action. Hoed
reserves all legal rights.
Confidential & Privileged
Hoed NZ Ltd
PO Box 87 007, Meadowbank, Auckland 1742
Ph 09 579 0731 Freephone: 0800 164 470
Fax: 09 579 0742 Email: email@example.com